WHAT ARE DULCOLAX ADULT 5MG G/R TABLETS?
Dulcolax Adult contains bisacodyl which provides short-term relief of occasional constipation. Bisacodyl is a laxative which helps increase bowel movements through stimulating the digestive system.
Please note: Dulcolax Adult does not help with weight loss as it does not reduce the absorption of calories and nutrients.
HOW DO YOU TAKE DULCOLAX ADULT 5MG G/R TABLETS?
Please refer to the patient information leaflet provided with this treatment before taking. If unsure, always check with your pharmacist or doctor.
- Adults – take 1 to 2 tablets at night. Swallow whole with water. The tablets should not be chewed or crushed.
- Do not take milk, antacids and medicines that reduce stomach acid within 1 hour before or after taking Dulcolax Adult.
- The treatment can be stopped once bowel regularity has returned to normal.
Dulcolax Adult should not be taken daily for more than 5 days.
If you feel you need laxatives daily, then you should see your doctor to determine the cause of constipation.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE CAUTIONS?
Do not take Dulcolax Adult if:
• you are allergic to bisacodyl or any of the ingredients
• you have a blockage in the intestine or a blocked bowel
• you have severe dehydration
• you have severe abdominal pain with nausea and vomiting.
• You have inflammation of the bowel
• you are under 18 years of age
If unsure, please consult your doctor or pharmacist before taking. You should also consult your doctor or pharmacist if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breast-feeding before taking this medication.
Dulcolax Adult may interact negatively with some medications. Therefore if you are taking other medications regularly, you should always consult your GP, pharmacist or the patient information leaflet to ensure this medication is suitable for you to use.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE SIDE-EFFECTS?
Like all medications, Dulcolax Adult can cause side effects, although not all patients will experience these.
If you experience any of the following side-effects, stop using the medicine and talk to your doctor or pharmacist:
• common side effects such as abdominal cramps, diarrhoea or nausea
• uncommon side effects such as dizziness, blood in stools, vomiting, abdominal discomfort, discomfort around the back passage
• rare side-effects such as severe allergic reactions, colitis, dehydration, skin rash, fainting
If you take more of this medicine for a long duration than the recommended dose, talk to your doctor or seek medical help straight away .
Further information about the side effects of Dulcolax Adult can be found in the patient information leaflet.
• Other ingredients:- lactose monohydrate, sucrose.
• Store under 25°C and in the original carton.
• Keep out of reach and sight of children.
• For further information, please refer to the product packaging and the leaflet provided with this medicine.