WHAT ARE SENNA 7.5MG ADULT TABLETS?
Senna is a herbal medicine that has traditionally been used to provide occasional relief from constipation. It is a natural stimulant laxative made from the leaves and fruit of the senna plant.
Please note: senna does not reduce the amount of calories absorbed from food and so does not help with weight loss.
HOW DO YOU TAKE SENNA 7.5MG ADULT TABLETS?
Adults and elderly – take 2 tablets at bedtime when needed.
Not to be used in children and adolescents under 18 years of age.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE CAUTIONS?
Do not take if:
• you have any bowel or stomach issues.
• you are allergic to senna or any of the ingredients
• have a kidney or heart condition
• have severe dehydration
• you are pregnant or breastfeeding
Please consult your doctor if symptoms persist for 3 days or worsen whilst taking this medicine.
Not to be used for more than 1 week.
Senna 7.5mg Adult tablets may interact negatively with some medications. Therefore if you are taking other medications regularly, you should always consult your GP, pharmacist or the patient information leaflet to ensure this medication is suitable for you to use.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE SIDE-EFFECTS?
Like all medications, Senna 7.5mg Adult tablets can cause side effects, although not all patients will experience these.
If you experience any of the following side-effects, stop using the medicine and talk to your doctor or pharmacist:
• yellow or red discolouration of urine (this is harmless)
• stomach pain, diarrhoea, abdominal cramps
• allergic reactions such as hives, itching, skin rash
Further information about the side effects of Senna 7.5mg Adult tablets can be found in the patient information leaflet.
• Store in original packaging under 25°C.
• Keep out of reach and sight of children.
• For further information, please refer to the product packaging and leaflet provided with this treatment.