WHAT ARE SENOKOT 7.5MG ADULT TABLETS?
Senokot 7.5mg Adult tablets contain natural senna pods which acts as a stimulant laxative for the short-term relief of occasional constipation.
Please note: stimulant laxatives do not reduce the absorption of calories and nutrients and so do not contribute to weight loss.
HOW DO YOU TAKE SENOKOT 7.5MG ADULT TABLETS?
- Adults and elderly:- Take 1 to 2 tablets at bedtime with a drink of water as needed.
- This should not be used by children and adolescents under 18 years of age.
- This medicine can be used up to 2 to 3 times per week and should not be used for more than 1 week.
First time users should start with the lowest dose and increase to maximum dose if needed.
Once the bowels have resumed regularity, the dosage should be reduced and stopped.
Please consult a doctor if symptoms persist or worsen whilst using this treatment and if there is no bowel movement within 3 days of treatment usage.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE CAUTIONS?
Do not take if:
• you are allergic to senna or any of the ingredients
• have bowel or stomach problems
• have severe dehydration
• you are pregnant or breastfeeding
• have a kidney or heart condition
• are under 18 years of age.
Overuse of laxatives can damage your health by causing electrolyte and mineral imbalances and severe dehydration.
Please check with your doctor or pharmacist before using this medicine.
Senokot 7.5mg Adult may interact negatively with some medications. Therefore if you are taking other medications regularly, you should always consult your GP, pharmacist or the patient information leaflet to ensure this medication is suitable for you to use.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE SIDE-EFFECTS?
Like all medications, Senokot 7.5mg Adult tablets can cause side effects, although not all patients will experience these.
If you experience any of the following side-effects, stop using the medicine and talk to your doctor or pharmacist:
• abdominal cramps, diarrhoea
• allergic reactions such as hives, itchy skin, skin rash or asthma
• yellow or red-brown discolouration of urine (this is harmless)
Further information about the side effects of Senokot 7.5mg Adult tablets can be found in the patient information leaflet.
• Store below 25°C in the original package.
• Keep out of reach and sight of children.
• For further information, please read the patient information leaflet provided with product and product packaging.