WHAT IS NUROFEN EXPRESS?
Nurofen Express works as an anti-inflammatory and changes the body’s response to pain, swelling and high temperature.
This medicine provides rapid relief from:
• headaches and migraine pain
• dental pain
• period pain
• muscular and back pain
• fever and symptoms of cold and flu
HOW DO YOU TAKE NUROFEN EXPRESS?
Adults, elderly and adolescents between 12 and 18 years – take 1 or 2 capsules with water, up to 3 times a day as required. Leave at least 4 hours between each dose. Do not take more than 6 capsules in 24 hours.
Children and adolescents between 12 and 18 years – if product is required for more than 3 days or if symptoms worsen, a doctor should be consulted.
Adults: if product is required for more than 10 days, or if symptoms persist or pain/fever worsen, speak to your doctor or pharmacist.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE CAUTIONS?
Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to ibuprofen, any of the ingredients, aspirin or other painkillers.
Have or previously had 2 or more episodes of a stomach ulcer.
Have had a worsening of asthma, skin rash, itchy runny nose or facial swelling when previously taking ibuprofen or aspirin.
Not to be given to children under 12 years of age.
Do not take if allergic to peanut or soya as this product contains lecithin.
Speak to your pharmacist or doctor if you are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant.
Please read the patient information leaflet provided with this medicine before use.
Nurofen Express may interact negatively with some medications. Therefore if you are taking other medications regularly, you should always consult your GP, pharmacist or the patient information leaflet to ensure this medication is suitable for you to use.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE SIDE-EFFECTS?
Like all medications, Nurofen Express can cause side effects, although not all patients will experience these.
If you experience any of the following side-effects, stop using the medicine and talk to your doctor or pharmacist:
• fever, flu-like symptoms, sore throat, headache, stiff neck, vomiting
• indigestion, constipation, diarrhoea, abdominal pains
• chest pain or irregular heartbeat
If you experience any of the following rare side-effects, stop using the medicine and seek immediate medical help:
• signs of intestinal bleeding such as red stools, black tarry stools, vomiting blood or dark particles that look like ground coffee.
• allergic reactions which include unexplained wheezing, shortness of breath, fainting or swelling of face and throat
• signs of blood disorder such as unexplained bruising, fever, sore throat, mouth ulcers, lethargy
• signs of liver problems such as abdominal cramps, jaundice, dark brown urine
• severe skin reaction known as DRESS syndrome, symptoms include – skin rash, fever, swelling of lymph nodes
Further information about the side effects of Nurofen Express can be found in the patient information leaflet.
This medicine may affect or be affected by some other medicines and so please consult your pharmacist or doctor before use.
Keep out of reach and sight of children
Other ingredients: – gelatin, lecithin.
You can find further information about this medication on the product packaging and patient information leaflet provided with the medication.