Colpermin IBS Relief Capsules are an antispasmodic which are used to provide relief from the symptoms of IBS including spasms and cramps, which occur in the bowel in Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). The capsules contain natural peppermint oil, which works to provide relief from painful spasms, bloating and trapped wind associated with IBS.
How to Use
Adults and children aged over 15 years, (not recommended for children under 15 years)
- Take one capsule three times a day. This dosage may be increased to two capsules three times a day if discomfort is severe.
- Swallow capsules whole. Do not chew or break the capsules before swallowing.
- Do not take the capsules immediately after food.
- Do not take the capsules at the same time as indigestion remedies as they may damage the capsules.
- If you forget to take a dose, take the next dose when needed. Do not take a double dose.
- If you experience new symptoms or worsening of existing symptoms or if symptoms persist, consult your doctor.
Cautions and Hazards
Before using this product, always read the patient information leaflet to make sure that it is the appropriate medication for you, to relieve the symptoms you are experiencing.
Do not take Colpermin IBS Relief Capsules if:
You are allergic to Colpermin IBS Relief Capsules or any of the other ingredients, including active ingredient peppermint oil. Also including:
- If you are allergic to peanuts or soya.
- You cannot take gelatin.
Refer to the patient information leaflet for a full list of active ingredients
Check with your pharmacist or doctor before taking Colpermin IBS Relief Capsules, if any of the following apply to you:
- If you are aged 40 years or over and it has been some time since your last attack of IBS, or your symptoms have changed
- If your symptoms worsen, or do not improve over 2 weeks
- If you are taking any indigestion remedies
- If you have passed blood from your bowel
- If you are vomiting or feeling nauseous
- If you have lost your appetite or have unexplained weight loss
- If you have severe constipation
- If you have abnormal vaginal bleeding or discharge
- If you have difficulty or pain when passing urine
- If you have any severe pain and discomfort in your stomach
- If you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy, suspect you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- If any of these points apply to you now or in the past, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medication.
How to store
- Store below 25°C, avoid direct sunlight.
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the carton. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
You can find further information about Colpermin IBS Relief Capsules in the product information leaflet here. We also provide a range of alternative IBS treatments.