Colofac IBS Tablets provide effective relief of symptoms such abdominal or stomach pain, bloating and cramps associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Colofac tablets contain the active ingredient mebeverine which works as a antispasmodic to relief IBS symptoms.
How to Use
Adults over the age of 18 years
- One tablet up to a maximum of three times a day. As symptoms improve and are more controlled, the daily dose may be gradually reduced.
- Tablets should be preferably 20 minutes before meals. Swallow whole with water. Do not crush or chew the tablets.
- If you miss a dose of Colofac, wait until your next dose is due. Do not try make up for the missed dose or take a double dose at the next interval.
- If symptoms persist you should see you GP.
Cautions and Hazards
Before using this product, always read the patient information leaflet to make sure that it is the appropriate medication for you.
Do not use Colofac IBS Tablets if you are allergic to mebeverine or any of it’s other ingredients. You can find all ingredients in Colofac IBS Tablets here.
Women who are pregnant, intending to become pregnant or breast-feeding should consult with their GP before taking this medication to ensure it is suitable to use.
This medication contains sucrose and lactose (sugars). Therefore patients who are unable to take sugar or have been advised against taking sugar should consult with their GP before using this medication to ensure it is suitable for them.
How to store
- Store in original packaging and blister. Do not store medication above 25°C.
- Do not use your medicine after the date shown as an expiry date on the packaging.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
You can find further information about Colofac IBS Tablets in the product information leaflet here.