WHAT IS DIORALYTE RELIEF?
Dioralyte Relief works by replacing water and salts which are lost during episodes of diarrhoea.
The rice powder in Dioralyte Relief helps reduce diarrhoea and bulk up the stools.
HOW DO YOU TAKE DIORALYTE RELIEF?
Please read the patient information leaflet enclosed with the medication before use.
Dioralyte Relief must be mixed with water before taking.
The drink should be prepared just before it is going to be taken and not in advance.
Adults and children over 1 year – Take one sachet after each stool. You can take up to 5 sachets each day, for up to 3 to 4 days. Do not take more than 5 sachets in 24 hours.
For babies aged 3 months to 1 year – this should only be given under the guidance of a doctor.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE CAUTIONS?
Do not take Dioralyte Relief if:
• you are allergic to pre-cooked rice powder or any of the other ingredients.
• your bowel is partially or fully blocked
• you have phenylketonuria.
• child taking is under 3 months old.
Please consult your doctor or pharmacist if unsure, before taking this medicine.
Dioralyte Relief contains 2.5% ethanol which can be harmful to:
• those with a drinking problem
• someone who is pregnant or breastfeeding
• a child
• someone with liver disease or epilepsy.
• Throw away any remaining drink after 1 hour or 24 hours if stored in the fridge.
• Store under 25°C and in original package in order to protect from moisture.
• Keep out of reach and sight of children.
• For further information on this product, please refer to the product packaging or leaflet provided with this medication.