What are Accu-Chek Aviva Test Strips?
Accu-Chek Aviva Strips are test strips used with the Accu-Chek Aviva meter to measure blood glucose (sugar). They allow blood glucose to be measured by yourself at home or by healthcare professionals.
How do I use Accu-Chek Aviva Test Strips?
Accu-Chek Aviva Test Strips require a fresh whole blood sample to measure blood glucose. To take your reading, following the steps below:
1) Take test strip and insert it into the slot of a Accu-Chek Aviva meter until it will not be able to go in any further
2) When inserted correctly, the meter will conduct several checks before showing that it is ready to accept the blood sample
3) Blood samples may be taken from your finger using a lancing device
4) A small amount of blood (0.6μL) should be applied directly to the area indicated on the end of the test strip. The absorbent area of the test strip should be touched to the blood drop itself until the required amount of blood has been absorbed
5) After a few seconds, your blood glucose meter should display the reading, which will be automatically saved
6) You can then discard the used test strip and ensure that the meter has been turned off