What is Cystopurin and what is it used for?
Cystitis is an inflammation of the bladder, which causes pain, discomfort and unpleasant burning sensation when passing urine.
Cystopurin cystitis relief sachets contains granules that dissolve when mixed with water and you should stir the granules until dissolved. Does cystopurin cure cystitis? It treats the symptoms of cystitis in women, which may be caused by a bacterial infection. Cystopurin contains potassium citrate which makes the urine less acidic and helps reduce the stinging and burning sensation.
This treatment differs from other cystitis sachets as it is low in sodium.
How do I take Cystopurin?
Cystopurin sachets are for use by children and adults aged 6 years and over
Dissolve the contents of the sachet in a glass of cold water (about 200ml) and drink immediately. One sachet should be taken three times a day. This is a 2-day course of treatment and you should take all six sachets to complete the treatment.
Do not exceed the stated dose. If symptoms persist or worsen after the 2-day course is completed, consult your doctor or pharmacist. Do not repeat the treatment without medical advice.
What are the cautions and side effects of taking Cystopurin?
Cystopurin is generally well tolerated but it may not be suitable for everyone. You should always consult the patient information leaflet before taking this medication to ensure it is suitable for you to use.
Do not take Cystopurin:
- if you are allergic to potassium citrate or any of the other ingredients in Cystopurin
- if you have a history of kidney or heart disease
Some people may experience stomach irritation when taking this medication. This can be minimised by diluting the content of the sachets with extra water or by taking it with or after meals.
What else can I do to help relieve symptoms of cystitis?
- Drink lots of water – try to drink around five pints a day during your 48 hour treatment, if possible and suitable. A small glass of cold water is recommended in cases of cystitis, some individuals may also find cranberry juice helpful in relieving symptoms.
- Avoid drinks such as alcohol, coffee, strong tea or fruit juices.
- Pass water as often as you need to, which will help flush your body of any toxins
- Keep warm
You can find further information about Cystopurin on the product packaging or patient information leaflet.