WHAT ARE DAY & NIGHT NURSE CAPSULES?
Day & Night Nurse capsules are used for 24 hour relief from major symptoms of colds, chills and influenza.
The daytime capsules contain 3 active ingredients – paracetamol, pseudoephedrine hydrochloride and pholcodine.
- Paracetamol is a painkiller and also helps with reducing fever.
- Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride works as a decongestant and unblocks your nose and eases breathing.
- Pholcodine works as a cough suppressant that helps to relieve dry and tickly coughs.
The night-time capsules contain 3 active ingredients – paracetamol, promethazine hydrochloride and dextromethorphan.
- Promethazine hydrochloride is an antihistamine which dries up runny noses and also aids restful sleep.
- Dextromethorphan works as a cough suppressant that helps to relieve dry or tickly coughs.
Please note: as this medication can contains pseudoephedrine and other ingredients that can also cause dependence, you will only be allowed to purchase one pack through our service within a certain period of time.
HOW TO TAKE DAY & NIGHT NURSE CAPSULES?
Adults and children aged 16 and over – Take 2 yellow/orange capsules with a drink of water every 4 hours, up to a maximum of 3 doses during the day if needed.
Night time Dosage
Adults and children aged 16 and over – Take 2 green/white capsules with a drink of water at bedtime.
After taking daytime capsules, wait at least 4 hours before taking the night-time capsules. Do not take night-time capsules if you have already taken 4 doses of a paracetamol-containing product during the day.
Only take one dose of night-time capsules per night. Do not take for more than 3 days.
Do not give to children under 16 years of age.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE CAUTIONS?
Do not take Day & Night Nurse capsules if:
- You have ever had an allergic reaction to any of the ingredients
- You have ever developed a severe skin rash or skin that peels or blisters
- You have high blood pressure or heart disease
- You have kidney problems
- You have a chest infection, worsening asthma or severe respiratory problems
- You have liver problems
- You have an overactive thyroid gland, diabetes, irregular heartbeat, glaucoma, epilepsy, prostrate problems
- You are elderly and suffer from confusion
- You are skinny, underweight or regularly drink alcohol
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
If unsure, please check with your doctor or pharmacist before taking.
Day & Night Nurse capsules may interact negatively with some medicines. Therefore, if you are taking other medications regularly, you should always consult your GP, pharmacist or the patient information leaflet to ensure this medicine is suitable for you to use.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE SIDE-EFFECTS?
Like all medications, Day & Night Nurse capsules can cause side-effects, although not all patients will experience these.
The following side-effects may occur:
- Drowsiness or dizziness
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
- Sleep disturbances
- Rapid heart rate
Stop taking and tell your doctor immediately if you experience the following:
- Allergic reactions including skin rashes, swollen face, lips, tongue and difficulty breathing
- Breathing problems
- Skin rash or peeling
- Unexplained bruising and bleeding
Further information about side-effects of Day & Night Nurse capsules can be found in the patient information leaflet provided with this treatment.
This product contains 18 yellow/orange daytime capsules and 6 green/white night-time capsules.
Store below 25°C. Keep out of reach and sight of children.
For further information, please read the patient information leaflet provided with this product and the product packaging.