WHAT IS COVONIA SORE THROAT OROMUCOSAL SPRAY?
Covonia Sore Throat Oromucosal Spray contains chlorhexidine which is an antiseptic and lidocaine which is a local painkiller and numbing agent. This throat spray relieves the symptoms of painful, irritated sore throats.
It is sugar free and hence can be used by diabetics.
HOW TO USE COVONIA SORE THROAT OROMUCOSAL SPRAY?
Adults, elderly and children over 12 years – Spray 3 to 5 times for one application. Apply 6 to 10 times per day.
Do not give to children under 12 unless instructed by your doctor. If your sore throat has lasted for more than 2 days or if you also have fever, headache, nausea and vomiting as accompanying symptoms, please consult your doctor.
Instructions for use:
- Avoid contact with eyes. To use the spray, hold the bottle in an upright position.
- Lift the spray nozzle through 90° until it is horizontal.
- Point the spray nozzle towards the back of your throat and press the spray button.
- After each use, turn the tube back down to close the spray.
- If the spray nozzle gets blocked, the pump will not work.
- To correct this, remove the spray tube from the pump and clean in a cup of hot water for a few minutes. Allow to dry before fixing the tube back onto the pump.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE CAUTIONS ASSOCIATED WITH USE COVONIA SORE THROAT SPRAY?
Do not use Covonia Sore Throat Oromucosal Spray if:
- You are allergic to any of the ingredients
- You have an allergy to any other local anaesthetics
- You have difficulty swallowing
- You are under 12 years old
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
If unsure, please check with your doctor or pharmacist before taking.
Covonia Sore Throat Oromucosal Spray may interact negatively with some medicines. Therefore, if you are taking other medications regularly, you should always consult your GP, pharmacist or the patient information leaflet to ensure this medicine is suitable for you to use.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE SIDE-EFFECTS COVONIA SORE THROAT SPRAY?
Like all medications, Covonia Sore Throat Oromucosal Spray can cause side-effects, although not all patients will experience these.
If you experience any of the following side-effects, stop using this medicine and seek immediate medical help:
- Swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat
- A red, itchy skin rash
- Wheezing or difficulty breathing
Other side-effects include:
- Skin sensitivity
- Temporary discolouration of teeth and tongue
- Taste disturbances
Further information about side-effects of Covonia Sore Throat Oromucosal Spray can be found in the patient information leaflet provided with this treatment.
Store below 25°C. Use within 6 months of opening.
Keep out of reach and sight of children.
For further information, please read the patient information leaflet provided with this product and the product packaging.