WHAT ARE NEXIUM CONTROL 20MG GASTRO-RESISTANT TABLETS?
Nexium Control 20mg GR tablets contain 20mg of esomeprazole as the active ingredient. Esomeprazole belongs to a group of medicines called proton pump inhibitors (PPIs), which work to reduce the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
This medication is used for short term treatment of reflux symptoms such as acid regurgitation and heartburn.
HOW TO TAKE NEXIUM CONTROL 20MG GASTRO-RESISTANT TABLETS?
Adults aged 18 years and over – take 1 tablet once a day. Do not exceed this dose.
Tablets should be swallowed whole with a glass of water and should not be chewed or crushed.
This medication may take 2 to 3 days to have its full effect. If symptoms persist or worsen after 14 days, please consult your doctor.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE CAUTIONS OF TAKING NEXIUM CONTROL 20MG?
Do not take Nexium Control if you are:
• allergic to esomeprazole or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
• allergic to medicines containing other proton pump inhibitors
• taking a medicine containing Nelfinavir
• pregnant or breastfeeding
Speak to your doctor before taking Nexium control if you:
• have had a stomach ulcer or stomach surgery in the past
• have been taking heartburn or reflux treatment continuously for 4 or more weeks
• have jaundice or severe liver problems
• have severe kidney problems
• are over 55 years and have new heartburn symptoms
Speak to your doctor immediately before or after taking this medicine if you notice the following symptoms as it could be a sign of something serious:
• unexplained excessive weight loss
• pain when swallowing
• signs of indigestion and stomach pain after food intake
• vomiting food or blood (looks like dark coffee grounds)
• pass black stools
• severe or persistent diarrhoea
• rash on skin
Please seek urgent medical attention if you experience chest pain with light headedness, sweating, dizziness with shortness of breath.
Nexium Control may interact negatively with some medicines. Therefore, if you are taking other medications regularly, you should always consult your GP, pharmacist or the patient information leaflet to ensure this medication is suitable for you to use.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE SIDE-EFFECTS OF NEXIUM CONTROL 20MG TABLETS?
Like all medications, Nexium Control can cause side-effects, although not all patients will experience these.
If you experience any of the following side-effects, stop using the medicine and talk to your doctor immediately.
Rare side-effects such as:
• sudden wheezing, swelling of your lips, tongue and throat, fainting or difficulties in swallowing
• reddening of the skin with blisters or peeling
• yellow skin, dark urine and tiredness which can be symptoms of liver problems
• signs of infection such as fever, pain in the neck, difficulty urinating
Common side-effects such as:
• nausea and vomiting
For further information on side-effects, please read the patient information leaflet provided with this treatment.
Store under 30°C in original packaging in order to protect from moisture.
Keep out of reach and sight of children.
For further information, please read the patient information leaflet provided with this product and the product packaging.