WHAT IS AEROCHAMBER PLUS?
Aerochamber Plus is an anti-static chamber device which improves delivery of medication from a metered dose inhaler. With metered dose inhalers, there is always a risk that due to coordinating pressing and breathing, most of the drug particles end up on the back of the throat or on the roof of the mouth.
Using Aerochamber Plus together with the inhaler eliminates the need for coordination and control that is needed when using metered dose inhalers. The Aerochamber increases the amount of time it takes for the medicine to be delivered and also allows for a greater concentration of the drug to be inhaled into the lungs.
It also reduces the incidence of some side-effects that can occur with certain groups of inhalers.
Aerochamber Plus is compact, light-weight, easy to use and is small enough to carry around.
Aerochamber Plus comes in 3 sizes and colours:
- Orange – small for infants
- Yellow – medium sized for young children
- Blue – large for older children, adults and elderly
HOW TO USE AEROCHAMBER PLUS?
Carefully examine the product for damage, missing parts or foreign objects.
- Remove cap from the inhaler.
- Shake the inhaler immediately before use.
- Insert the inhaler into the back piece of the Aerochamber.
- Apply mask to the face and ensure there is an effective seal.
- Press the inhaler at the beginning of a slow inhalation.
- Maintain the seal for 5 to 6 breaths after the inhaler is pressed.
- Administer one puff at a time.
Follow dosing instructions provided with the inhaler and use the Aerochamber alongside inhaler as per these instructions.
HOW TO CLEAN THE AEROCHAMBER PLUS?
- Remove the back piece. To detach the front piece, twist the chamber.
- Soak the parts in a solution of mild soap and water for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with clean water.
- Shake out excess water from the parts and allow to air dry in a vertical position.
- Ensure parts are fully dry before re-assembly.
- Product may need to be replaced after 12 months of use.