WHAT IS THE SWIMCOUNT SPERM QUALITY TEST?
SwimCount is a easy to use sperm quality male fertility home test kit that gives a fast and reliable result.
It is used for measuring sperm quality. It measures the concentration of Progressive Motile Sperm Cells (PMSCs) in your semen.
As PMSCs are the only sperm cell that can fertilise an egg in a natural way, it is important to measure when assessing male fertility.
This test kit has an accuracy of 96% and 91% respectively in terms of sensitivity and specificity.
WHAT IS THE BEST COURSE OF ACTION FOLLOWING A LOW SPERM COUNT RESULT?
If your PMSCs’ concentration is below the level for normal sperm quality you should consult your doctor for further fertility testing.
You doctor may also advise upon lifestyle changes you can make to improve your sperm quality, following which they can conduct another test and assess results.
HOW DO I USE THE SWIMCOUNT SPERM QUALITY TEST KIT?
Important: Collect your sample at least 2 days, BUT no longer than 7 days after your last ejaculation.
- Shake well before use
- Collect your sperm sample in the supplied collecting cup and leave it for 30 minutes
- Use the transfer syringe to stir the sample 10 times
- Add 0.5 ml to the sample well and push the slider all the way forward slowly until you hear a clicking sound to activate
- Wait a further 30 min while keeping the test device on a horizontal surface
- After 30 min pull the slider all the way back as marked by the arrows
- The result can be read in the window. The colour in the result window indicates whether your ProMo is above or below the threshold for normal sperm.
Light purple = Low
Your progressive motile sperm concentration is below the normal level for fertile men, meaning you have a decreased chance of getting your partner pregnant naturally.
Purple = Normal
Your progressive motile sperm concentration is in the normal range for fertile men, meaning you have a better chance of getting your partner pregnant naturally within 12 months.
IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO IMPROVE MY SPERM MOTILITY COUNT?
The following may help to improve your sperm quality:
- If you take anabolic steroids, you should stop taking them.
- You should take showers instead of hot baths as long, hot baths may impact your sperm quality.
- You should also consider making changes to your diet and lifestyle to improve your overall health. This may include stopping smoking, exercising regularly, and reducing alcohol consumption.
- You should also consult your doctor for further advise.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE TEST KIT?
- One SwimCount Device,
- Semen Collection Cup,
- Instructions for use.