WHAT IS AN STI AND WHAT ARE COMMON SYMPTOMS?
Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs) are infections that are passed from one person to another typically via unprotected intercourse or genital to genital contact. It is important to understand that not all STIs have noticeable symptoms and some STIs may be asymptomatic. Therefore, it is essential to get regular health checks done to test for STIs.
Leaving STIs untreated can result in numerous complications, including infertility.
STI symptoms in women;
- yellow or green vaginal discharge
- smelly discharge
- bleeding between periods or after having sex
- pain during sex
STI symptoms in men;
- discharge from penis
- irritation of the urethra
- swollen testicles
STI symptoms in both genders;
- pain when urinating
- itching, burning or tingling around the genitals
- blisters, lumps or a rash around genitals or anus
WHICH SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED INFECTIONS DOES THIS TEST KIT DETECT?
The Confidante test kit allows testing for the 10 most common STIs, the process is straightforward, hassle-free and simple, the test kit detects the following STIs;
- Chlamydia Trachomatis
- Neisseria Gonorrhoea
- Herpes Simplex 1
- Herpes Simplex 2
- Treponema Pallidum (Syphilis)
- Mycoplasma Hominis
- Ureaplasma Urealticum
- Mycoplasma Genitalium
- Haemophilius Ducreyi (Chancroid)
- Trichomonas Vaginalis
HOW DO I PERFORM THIS TEST?
Confidante offers a quick, convenient, and professional laboratory STI testing in the comfort and privacy of your own home.
To perform the test, simply;
- Collect your sample, following instructions provided
- Register your test kit online (instructions for registration will be provided with your kit)
- Send your sample with the pre-paid envelope for testing
- You will receive your results by phone or email
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET RESULTS?
RANDOX aims to provide you with results confidentially within 7 working days of receipt. You will receive your results via phone or email.
You can be assured that this is a completely private service from stage of purchasing to receiving results. The test is 100% confidential and will not be shared with any other parties,
including your GP, and will not appear in your medical records.
WHAT IS THE BEST COURSE OF ACTION FOLLOWING A POSITIVE RESULT?
Please make an appointment to see your GP or your local sexual health clinic promptly for appropriate treatment.