WHY SHOULD I PERFORM A KLARIFY.ME HOME ALLERGY TEST?
The Klarify.Me Home Allergy Test makes allergy testing simple.
It tests 294 different allergens and provides detailed results within 2 weeks.
The test kit includes everything you need to take a small blood sample and send it to our partner laboratory for analysis.
This test detects your body’s reaction to 294 allergen extracts and allergen components using the innovative Allergy Explorer (ALEX) technology.
The allergens tested include: pollen, pets, mites, food, moulds & yeasts, hymenoptera venoms, latex and other allergens.
WHAT DOES THE TEST KIT CONTAIN?
The test kit contains:
- Alcohol wipes to sanitise the finger
- Sample tube – to collect about 6 drops of blood
- Transport tube – the filled sample tube will go into this
- Lancing device – sterile device to prick your fingertip to obtain blood sample
- Plaster – to put on fingertip after collecting the sample
- Step-by-step guide – start by reading this first
- Welcome card – contains your unique activation code and instructions
- Pre-paid envelope – use this to send the sample to the laboratory
HOW DO I USE THE KLARIFY HOME ALLERGY TEST KIT?
Please read the instruction leaflet and step-by-step guide provided with the test kit for directions on how to collect your sample and how to send off to the lab to obtain your results.
Step 1: Get everything ready
- Set aside about 30 minutes.
- Unpack the box onto a clean surface.
- Remove the light brown cap from the sample tube.
- Stand the tube upright in the box.
Step 2: Wash your hands
- Wash your hands for 2 to 3 minutes in warm water to get the blood flowing
- Dry your hands thoroughly after washing.
Step 3: Clean your Fingertip
- Use the alcohol wipe to sanitise one of your fingertips, preferably middle or ring finger.
Step 4:Open the lancing device
- Twist the tip of the lancing device to remove the cap.
Step 5: Position and activate the lancing device
- Place the tip of the lancing device at the side of the cleaned fingertip.
- Press your fingertip against the device until it is activated.
Step 6: Fill the sample tube to the mark
- Remove the first drop of blood with another alcohol wipe.
- Gently massage your finger and let the blood drip into the tube.
- Fill to the top line, approximately 6 drops of blood. This may take several minutes.
- Cover the wound with the plaster provided.
Step 7: Final steps
- Push the light brown cap firmly back onto the sample tube.
- Let it rest upright for 15 minutes.
Step 8: Pack and Post
- Place the filled sample tube into the transport tube.
- Put the transport tube into the prepaid envelope.
Step 9: Activate your test online
- Activate your test at uk.klarify.me/activate-test using your unique code from the welcome card.
- Within 2 weeks of posting your sample, you will be informed by email that your results are ready to view online.