WHAT IS REGAINE FOR WOMEN ONCE A DAY SCALP FOAM?
Regaine For Women Once a Day Scalp Foam is used to treat common female pattern hair loss in women aged 18 to 65 years, by preventing further hair loss and helping hair re-growth.
The active ingredient minoxidil, aids blood flow to the hair follicles on the scalp.
It contains minoxidil which works by aiding blood flow to the hair follicles on the scalp.
Regaine For Women Once a Day Scalp Foam works best in women who have general hair thinning of the scalp and those who are younger or have been losing hair for a short period of time are likely to see the best results.
WHAT IS HEREDITARY HAIR LOSS?
Hereditary hair loss is recognisable because of the following:
- The pattern of hair loss
- It starts gradually and progresses
- There is a family history of hair loss
- There are no other symptoms present with the hair loss
HOW TO USE REGAINE FOR WOMEN ONCE A DAY SCALP FOAM?
Regaine For Women Once a Day Scalp Foam is for topical and external use and should only be used on the scalp area.
Do not use on any other areas of the body.
Wash your hands thoroughly before and after applying the foam and rinse any other areas that have come into contact with the foam.
Ensure your hair and scalp is completely dry before applying the foam.
To open the container, match the arrow on the can ring with arrow on the cap and then pull off cap.
Hold the can upside down and press nozzle to dispense the foam onto your fingers.
Use a comb to part your hair as the foam needs to be applied to the scalp and not the hair.
Dispense the foam onto a dish or saucer as you will need to part your hair several times. Ensure this does not exceed half a cup.
Spread enough foam over the hair loss areas and gently massage the foam into the scalp.
Apply the foam once a day to the total affected area.
Do not apply more than once a day.
Do not exceed 1g per day. Exceeding the recommended daily dose will not re-grow the hair any more quickly and you will have a higher likelihood of getting side-effects.
You may need to use this treatment for at least 12 to 24 weeks before you see new hair growth as hair growth is a slow process.
Once the hair has begun to re-grow, you need to continue using this medicine once daily for the growth to continue.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE CAUTIONS?
Do not use this medicine if:
- You are male
- You are under 18 or over 65 years of age
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You have ever had a bad reaction to minoxidil or any of the other ingredients
- Your hair loss is due to drug treatment
- You have total baldness or complete loss of all body hairless
- The cause of hair loss is unknown, due to childbirth, is sudden or unexpected
- You have high blood pressure
- You have a condition affecting your scalp e.g. psoriasis and you are using topical treatment for this.
If unsure, please check with your doctor or pharmacist before using this treatment. Please also read the patient information leaflet provided with this treatment before starting.
Regaine For Women Once a Day Scalp Foam may interact negatively with some medicines. Therefore, if you are taking other medications regularly, you should always consult your GP, pharmacist or the patient information leaflet to ensure this medicine is suitable for you to use.
Keep container away from heat, hot surfaces, open flames and other ignition sources as the pressurised container may burst if heated.
Avoid contact with eyes, mouth, broken skin and sensitive areas.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE SIDE-EFFECTS?
Like all medicines, Regaine For Women Once a Day Scalp Foam can cause side-effects, although not all patients will experience these.
Stop using this medicine and seek immediate medical help if you experience any of the following:
- Chest pain
- Swelling of the face, tongue, lips, throat which may cause difficulty breathing and swallowing
Other effects which may occur include:
- Itching or dermatitis
- Unwanted non-scalp hair
- Change in hair texture and hair colour
Further information about side-effects of Regaine For Women Once a Day Scalp Foam can be found in the patient information leaflet provided with this treatment.
Who should not use Regaine For Women Once A Day Scalp Foam?
You should always read the instruction leaflet provided with the medicine before using it. Do not use this treatment if you:
- Are male
- Are pregnant or breast-feeding
- Suffer from a problem with blood pressure
- Don’t know why you’re losing your hair – see your doctor
- Have sudden or patchy hair loss
- Have other conditions associated with your hair loss
- Have a red, inflamed, irritated, infected or painful scalp, or shaved head
- Have a dressing or bandage on your scalp
- Are using other medications on your scalp
- Are under 18 or over 65 years of age
- Are sensitive to any of the ingredients in this medicine
Store below 25°C. Protect from sunlight.
Keep out of reach and sight of children.
For further information, please read the patient information leaflet provided with this product and the product packaging.