Most people are under the impression that there is only one dose of Sildenafil, and its branded variant Viagra, available. In fact, Sildenafil is available in three doses including Sildenafil 25mg, 50mg and 100mg. But what’s the difference?
Discover the differences between the three different doses of Sildenafil and Viagra, as well as find answers to other common questions.
WHY ARE THERE DIFFERENT DOSES?
There are three different doses of Sildenafil available. They all work to achieve the same result, the difference between the three doses is the level of active ingredient (Sildenafil Citrate) in each variant.
Sildenafil 50mg is the standard dose available for Sildenafil and is normally the starting dose for people aged between 18-64. This means doctors have the opportunity to increase and decrease the dose if needed.
Sildenafil 25mg is the lowest dose available. This is offered to people who have experienced side effects with higher doses, or who are taking medications that could react to the drug – such as medications for liver, heart and kidney problems.
Sildenafil 100mg is the highest dose available and is offered to anyone who doesn’t get the desired effect with lower doses.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO WORK, AND HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
Both the branded and generic versions take approximately 30-60 minutes to work, with the effects lasting for approximately 4 hours. This does vary for everyone.
HOW TO MAXIMISE THE EFFECT OF VIAGRA?
There are certain activities that can affect how Sildenafil works within the body, so there are things you can do to maximise the effect of the medication. Such as:
- Avoid large amounts of alcohol – Too much alcohol can make it harder for you to get an erection, whether you take erectile dysfunction medication or not. So, it’s best to avoid large amounts of alcohol before taking Sildenafil.
- Don’t eat a heavy meal before taking the medication – Both medications can be taken before or after a meal, but if you eat a heavy meal, it can take longer for your body to absorb it, delaying the effects. To prevent this, we recommend eating a light meal.
- Sexual stimulation – When you take Sildenafil or Viagra, you do not get an erection straight away, you need to be sexually stimulated.
CAN I TAKE MORE OF THE MEDICATION IF IT DOESN’T WORK?
Although the effects of the medications only last for approximately 4 hours, you can only take one tablet every 24 hours. Taking more than what is recommended could lead to you experiencing side effects such as nausea, headaches and dizziness.
You could also have more serious side effects, such as Priapism. This is a painful erection that lasts for longer than two hours, if you experience this you must seek medical attention as soon as possible.
WHAT ARE THE OTHER SIDE EFFECTS?
Other common side effects, which may affect approximately 1 in 10 people, you can experience with Sildenafil and Viagra include:
- Hot flushes
- Changes to your vision, such as blurred vision and light sensitivity.
- Nasal congestion
Uncommon side effects, which may affect approximately 1 in 100 people, include:
- Pain in your muscles
Rare side effects, which may affect approximately 1 in 1000 people include:
- Changes in blood pressure, either high or low
- Irregular heartbeat
If you are struggling with any side effects, particularly the more serious side effects, please seek medical attention.
ORDER DISCREETLY WITH POSTMYMEDS
We understand the sensitivities around ordering erectile dysfunction medication, which is why we send our orders in unbranded packaging.
Complete a quick consultation and order your medication from PostMyMeds today.